What is LANAP® Laser Gum Disease Treatment?
Gum disease can cause inflammation, bleeding and loss of teeth. Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure (LANAP®) is a minimally invasive surgical therapy that can treat gum disease. This laser procedure can remove the unhealthy and infected tissue and bacteria from your gums without harming the healthy adjacent tissues.
Benefits of LANAP® Gum Treatment
- Traditional surgery is very painful as it requires gum cutting and suturing for treatment requiring post-operative pain medication. LANAP® does not require painful cutting and stitching of your gum tissue, requiring minimal recovery time and post-operative discomfort.
- With this type of gum disease treatment, there is no pain or gum recession, and there is no change in the appearance of your smile.
- This is the only gum disease treatment that reduces inflammation, preserving and supporting healthier gum tissue.
- Exceptionally selective and safe and reduces the fear associated with gum surgery.
- Promotes bone regeneration and stimulates tissue attachment of the gum tissue to the root surface of the tooth.
How does LANAP® Laser surgery treat gum disease?
When you receive this laser treatment, we would measure the pocket depth and attachment loss before treatment. We will use a pulsed laser light that operates at a wavelength optimal for removing only the diseased tissue from your gum pockets while leaving healthy gum tissue intact. Calculus will be cleaned below the gum line by using ultrasonic scaling instruments. The laser is used again to stimulate the soft tissue, root, and bone. The laser also causes to clot and aids in sealing the pocket that allows you to heal naturally.
Are you a candidate for LANAP® gum disease treatment?
Our Laser dentist at Coral Springs Smiles will perform a comprehensive exam to see whether this laser gum surgery is the best gum surgery alternative.
- If you are diagnosed with periodontitis, you may be a candidate for laser gum surgery
- Patients with periodontal disease needing traditional surgery can benefit from this protocol
- Patients who are struggling with gum issues and tried alternative gum disease treatment without success may benefit from laser gum surgery
- If you have deep periodontal pockets (5mm or more) between your gums and teeth
- If you have loose teeth, tooth decay and tooth loss
Schedule Your LANAP® Consultation with Coral Springs Smiles Today!
If you are looking for an alternative to traditional gum surgery, Dr. Anand and her staff will provide laser therapy using state-of-the-art technology to restore your gum health.
A consultation with our dentist is the perfect way to understand your concerns and answer all of your questions and determine if this treatment could be the best dental fit for you and your family! Call our office to schedule your consultation for laser gum treatment!