Brushing and flossing are everyday ways to keep your teeth bright, white and healthy. Still, if you might feel like your smile is lacking some sparkle or is more yellow than it used to be, you’re not alone. According to a survey:
- Over 92% of adults agree that an attractive smile is an important social asset
- 88% always remember someone with an especially attractive smile
- 85% agree that an unattractive smile is not attractive to the opposite sex
- 74% agree that an unattractive smile can lessen the chances of professional success
- Only 50% of people are satisfied with their smile
Tooth whitening enhances the brightness of natural teeth, but it's not for everyone. Discuss it with your Dentist before you take action, especially if you have:
- Sensitive teeth
- Infected gums
- White spots
- Decay on your teeth
- A bridge, crown, or other dental work
Dentist-supervised treatments provide greater tooth whitening results faster than store bought kits. After a thorough exam of your teeth, gums and supporting bone structure, your dentist will tell you whether tooth whitening is a safe option for your smile.
Tooth whitening can last for one or more years, depending on how well you take care of your teeth, and if you’re following up regularly with a home whitening product for regular maintenance. Some people who use teeth whiteners may experience tooth sensitivity. That happens when the peroxide in the whitener gets through the enamel to the soft layer of dentin and irritates the nerve of your tooth.
Call Coral Springs Smiles at (954) 757-5353 to discuss your teeth whitening options. Dr. Anand is glad to help you make your smile brighter!